Creative. Client Driven. Capable.
Goose Digital (GOOSE) provides innovative and practical digital marketing solutions to businesses looking to drive results. Our mission is to help our clients move marketing programs forward by leveraging the latest in online marketing solutions. As part of our growing team, we are looking for a Web Design and Developer.
As a Web Designer and Developer your role is to drive creative energy into the solutions we deliver for our clients. Using your creative and technical talents, you bring to life digital campaigns ensuring it is engaging and using the very best in visual technology. Day to day life is dynamic, supporting a range of client projects and retainer solutions and working on a team that is all about helping our clients grow their businesses.
The Big Picture
GOOSE takes a holistic view of available marketing solutions to help propel our clients into a successful future. The ideal person for this role has solid creative skills along side strong frontend coding capabilities to execute the vision into the Content Management System and Marketing Automation Platform. This person obsesses over “pixel perfect” fit and finish, great UI, usability and flow, along with the ability to get things done quickly. As such this role is very hands on with latest Adobe tools and leading digital marketing platforms that require frontend code development skills, HTML/CSS/Java Script, etc.
In this role, you will act as the expert in your area, continuously researching new ways to accelerating results for clients by ensuring GOOSE is up-to-date with latest technologies and solutions.
Client Facing Responsibilities
- Take a “can do” attitude and be highly positive and energetic to support long term customer success and retention
- Be the point person for day-to-day client support for assigned accounts and activities
- Create action plans and communicate to clients
- Take prompt action on ad-hoc requests for creative and development
- Proactively review client websites and digital properties for “fit and finish” and opportunities to improve
- Assist the team in developing campaign ideas based on client’s value proposition
- Creatively design and launch custom emails and landing pages for campaigns meeting best practices for conversion
- Email marketing, SEO, advertising, display, and SEM initiatives
- Creatively design and launch advertisements for a variety of digital outlets that cultivates and engages audiences
- HTML content updates to websites, mobile site, blog and social pages
- Project manage website designs, site migrations, mini projects
- Deliver basic collateral designs, whitepaper downloads, one pagers, and fly sheet designs
- Implement social media pages and enhance to highest levels (example: Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Coordinate with other teams (social media, copywriting) to meet client deliverables
- Travel if necessary (within Toronto area or Canada) for clients
- Maintain good quality documentation, ticket notes, and files in folders of our Clients
- Working collaboratively with sales team to secure new projects
- Showcase our work via case studies
- Contribute to the management of internal website, creative, development, copywriting and advertisements
- Must have strong writing and editing skills
- Must have strong marketing instinct and creative energy
- When you take on a project, you own it, start to finish. You’ll get it done on time and are a fast learner
- Must be organized to prioritize multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented with an eye for “pixel perfection” and passionate about their contributions
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented team environment
- Experience on web design projects, digital marketing projects
- Strong skills with MS Office, Go To Meeting, Email marketing
- Above average skills in writing
- Strong ability to research best practices and new ways of doing things to remain fresh and efficient
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM principles and current practices
- Knowledge of social media and blogging platforms such as WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of Online Press Release services and tools
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing in a marketing department or an ad agency required or specialized post-secondary graduate
- Post-Secondary education in writing, marketing/advertising, communications, digital media or related field are desirable
- A positive attitude, confident, and passionate about writing great content
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, or click the button below!