Creative. Client Driven. Capable.
Goose Digital (GOOSE) provides innovative and practical digital marketing solutions to businesses looking to drive results. Our mission is to help our clients move marketing programs forward by leveraging the latest in online marketing solutions. As part of our growing team, we are looking for a Search Marketing Specialist.
As a Search Marketing Specialist your role is to execute on different forms of content on behalf of our clients. Using your creative and superior writing skills, you create content that brings to life our client’s value proposition as part of campaign activities. Day to day life is dynamic, supporting a range of client projects and retainer solutions and working on a team that is all about helping our clients grow their businesses. You will be creating everything from short form (ultra short like a tweet), to long form content (blogs, articles), and choosing succinct messaging for graphical treatments such as info graphics, banner adds, etc.
The Big Picture
GOOSE takes a holistic view of available marketing solutions to help propel our clients into a successful future. The ideal person for this role will have hands on experience delivering Search Engine Marketing for similar business-to-business or business-to-consumer websites for a few years. While this role does not require code development skills, some HTML/CSS is required and knowledge of key web development technologies and concepts is required.
In this role, you will act as the expert in Search Marketing, continuously keeping tabs on the latest changes in the search engines and researching new ways to accelerate results for clients.
- Interface on a day-to-day basis over email and telephone for assigned customer accounts in coordination with the account managers
- Action ad-hoc requests for SEO, SEM, Social Media, Email or other marketing tasks for clients with annual support agreements
- Website traffic generation via organic and paid search marketing
- Manage ongoing SEO, SEM, and paid Social Media programs for clients including, but not limited to:
- Setup and ongoing maintenance of marketing technologies used to support programs
- Setup and ongoing management of paid advertising
- Expert setup and configuration of Google Analytics and Adwords
- Setup of paid content on networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn
- Provide regular updates to customers on important SEO/SEM
- Maintain competitive lists and analysis
- Daily schedule for monitoring paid programs
- Manage and optimize customer Search Engine Optimization programs
- Work with customers to develop master keyword list mapped to website pages
- Manage keyword monitoring (placement) across major search networks
- Optimize on-page content as per keyword strategy and as per best practices
- Implement best practice HTML meta tags
- Optimize blog content as per keyword strategy
- Provide monthly (and as needed) KPI reporting on traffic, keyword placement, quality
- Manage and optimize customer Search Engine Marketing programs
- Work with customers to develop keyword and ad groups in Google Adwords
- Develop high performance text, display, and remarketing ads
- Optimize SEM and other paid media types for Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Acquisition (CPA), Impressions, and Conversions
- Optimize landing pages for effectiveness (using heat mapping, click tracking, form data)
- Provide monthly (and as needed) KPI reporting on ad performance, engagement, conversions
- Consider the big picture of content marketing, email marketing, SEO, advertising, display, and SEM initiatives in your approach
- Setup, maintain, and report using digital marketing tools as needed to perform:
- RavenTools, Google PPC, Marketing Automation (Act-On), WordPress, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, SEMRush, Ahrefs, and more
- HTML content updates to websites, mobile site, blog and social pages as needed
- Coordinate with development teams and other teams members to managed deliverables
- Must have strong writing and editing skills
- Must have strong marketing instinct and creative energy
- When you take on a project, you own it, start to finish. You’ll get it done on time and are a fast learner.
- Must be organized to prioritize multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented and passionate about your contributions
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented team environment
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM principles and current practices
- Knowledge of social media and blogging platforms such as WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of Online Press Release services and tools
- Familiar with HTML web design, WordPress or similar blog software
- Must have above average skills with MS Office, HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite, Go To Meeting, Email marketing
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing in a marketing department or an ad agency required or specialized post-secondary graduate
- Post-Secondary education in writing, marketing/advertising, communications, digital media or related field are desirable
- A positive attitude, confident, and passionate about delivering high quality results
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Adwords Certification
- Hootsuite or other Social Media Certification is a plus
- Act-on, Hubspot, or Marketo Marketing Automation Experience and Certification is a Plus
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, or click the button below!